7 Best Free PDF Editor Tools In 2023 [Online Or Offline]
The process of managing, viewing, and editing PDF documents may have required the use of free PDF Editor Tools in the past, either online or offline. Nevertheless, have you ever wondered: “What is the best PDF editor for free?” If you are not a heavy PDF user, you probably do not need a PDF editing program.
However, we recommend that you find some free PDF editor software both online and offline to assist you with the tasks of editing documents, filling out forms, applying electronic signatures, and so on. The purpose of this article is to address these issues.
When you need to edit text, images, links, watermarks, comments, and more in PDF files, download Wondershare PDFelement – PDF Editor. Aside from converting, signing, and arranging PDF pages, this software can also perform a variety of other editing functions.
When Would You Need to Edit PDFs for Free?
In today’s digitally transformed world, it is inevitable that you will come across PDF documents in your daily life – invoices, contracts, eBooks, bank statements, credit card statements, tax forms, and insurance forms… These are just some examples of how PDF is widely used. There are several situations in which you may not be a regular PDF user, but need a robust, free PDF tool to complete the task at hand:
- Using interactive PDF forms
- Sharing a document online after it has been signed
- Providing feedback on a project document
- Making corrections to a document
- Editing texts and images in preparation for proofreading
It is highly recommended to use a PDF editor for the above scenarios, such as Wondershare PDFelement – PDF Editor, an all-in-one PDF solution that makes it easy for you to edit PDF files.
For instance, you can add, edit, and delete texts, images, watermarks, backgrounds, forms, and so on. There is no cost to try it, and it is compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android systems.
In addition, if you are interested in using an online PDF editor, the following options may be of assistance to you. According to your needs, you can choose the right PDF editor.
PDFelement – Easy-to-use PDF Editor
There is no doubt that PDFelement is one of the best PDF editors for Windows. It is a worthy alternative to Adobe Acrobat, which has long been the industry standard for editing PDF files. Fortunately, this wonderful PDF editor is available with a free trial that offers basic PDF editing capabilities. In addition, the paid version provides good value for the price, as it is inexpensive compared to other PDF editors.
In addition to annotating, editing, and converting PDFs to other formats, adding signatures, and filling out PDF forms, this tool offers a wide range of incredible features. There is no doubt that this is the best Windows PDF editor that gives you a complete solution to edit PDF files.
Among other things, it can be used to edit PDF text, add, remove, and extract images from PDF files, edit and remove watermarks and backgrounds, and so on. More importantly, you will be able to take advantage of a large amount of cloud storage space (up to 100GB) provided by Wondershare Document Cloud. Now you can edit PDF files with this simple tool.
Among the capabilities of PDFelement’s free version are editing, annotating, converting, combining, and splitting PDF files. A maximum of three files can be combined and converted for free using this program.
- With PDFelement, you can do everything Adobe can do, making it the best value-for-money editor available.
- It is possible for users to try it before making a purchase.
- With its simple design, both beginners and experts will find it easy to use.
- Your documents are securely stored on the server.
- With OCR technology, you can edit/extract PDF files from scanned images.
- Furthermore, it boasts the Document Cloud service, which allows you access to your cloud documents from any location and on any device.
- You can edit, convert, annotate, sign, protect, compress, and sign PDF files with this program.
- The trial version of the program offers limited features when used as a free PDF editor.
Upgrade from the free version:
- It offers basic PDF solutions as part of its free version.
- It costs only $79.99 to purchase the professional version of PDFelement, which provides a comprehensive PDF solution.
Windows System Support
- This is the best PDF reader and editor for Windows Vista/7/8/10/11.
Mac System Support
- The software is highly compatible with all versions of macOS, including the latest macOS 13.
Acrobat Pro DC PDF Editing Software
Adobe Acrobat PDF editor is without doubt the best PDF editor for Windows 10 and is widely considered the best PDF editor for PDF editing; however, it is considered to be overpriced.
The price of PDF editing is important because PDF editing is not only for large companies, but also for individuals and small businesses. Even so, Adobe remains one of the best PDF editors with a multitude of top-notch tools for converting, editing, and annotating PDF files.
With Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, you can edit, convert, and annotate PDF documents for free for 7 days.
- With its top-notch features, this is one of the best PDF editors available.
- A decent and friendly user interface makes it easy to use.
- The OCR technology can be used to edit scanned PDF documents.
- There are other PDF editors available, but this one is more expensive.
- The cost of this service may not make it suitable for individuals and small businesses.
Upgrade from free version
- Subscriptions are available for $14.99 per month or $179.88 for one year.
- All versions of Windows are compatible with this PDF editor.
Foxit Phantom PDF Software to Edit PDFs
There is another PDF text editor available for Windows that can be used to edit your PDF files. Additionally, Phantom PDF offers a number of other features, including the ability to merge and split PDF files, annotate and share PDF files, create PDF forms, and convert PDF files to other formats. Furthermore, it is possible to encrypt PDF files, redact PDFs, and sign PDF files.
For a period of 14 days, Foxit PDF Editor is available for free trial. During the 14-day free trial, you will have access to the complete functionality of the PDF editor.
- Provides customers with a 14-day trial period.
- The OCR function allows users to work with scanned PDF documents.
- There are limited features in the trial version.
- It is not as easy to use the user interface of this PDF text editor.
- There are three versions available: standard, business, and education. The standard version costs $159 as a one-time payment.
Additionally, it supports all Windows operating systems.
AbleWord PDF Editor
Despite its lack of popularity, this PDF reader and writer made our list of the best free PDF editor tools for Windows. In addition to being a word processor, it also allows you to edit documents as you would with a word document.
In addition to reformatting images, adding or editing headers and footers, and creating and formatting tables, AbleWord offers a number of useful features. Additionally, it provides spell check and other features.
- There is no charge for using this PDF editor. It is easy to install and use.
- The service is free and easy to use.
- Additionally, it supports some of the features of Microsoft Word.
- There are limited features available.
- The quality of its output is not as good as that of some other top PDF editors.
- A PDF file can be edited using this program on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows XP.
Nuance Power PDF Program to Edit PDF
A PDF document can be converted, annotated, edited, and encrypted using the Nuance Power PDF editor for Windows.
Aside from boasting unique features such as voice note recognition technology, this PDF editor is another one of the best PDF editors. Using this feature, you can easily add notes to your PDF files by speaking them instead of typing them.
Providing a free 15-day trial of Nuance Power PDF, which gives full access to PDF editing features.
- Provides the ability to edit, convert, and perform a number of other tasks.
- Technology for recognizing voice notes is included.
- Compared to other PDF editing options, it is more expensive.
- It does not have a user-friendly interface like some other PDF editors.
Upgrade from free version
- The price of Nuance Editor is somewhat high, likely because it incorporates voice note recognition technology. The cost of the service begins at $149.
The program is compatible with all versions of Windows.
It is not for the faint of heart to select a PDF editor, as there are so many online and offline tools available for PDFs that it is almost impossible to test them all. As an online PDF editor, HiPDF is highly recommended, but Wondershare’s PDF editor is an equally powerful competitor on the desktop.
If you are looking for a more robust user experience, then a free PDF editor for desktops is the category you want to pursue, and Wondershare PDFelement Pro is exactly what you need.