How to Cancel a Twitch Prime Membership in 2022
Like YouTube, Twitch Prime subscribers can watch videos and play games online, and they can also get rewards every month (for e.g one-month free subscription).
But this article explains what Twitch Prime is, what services it offers, and how to disconnect the subscription from Amazon Prime. So, without further ado, let’s get to the point.
How does Twitch Prime work?
In 2014, Amazon paid $970 million to buy Twitch Interactive. And just after two years, Twitch announced Twitch Prime, which has great features like a free subscription to a streamer’s channel once a month, in-game loots, etc.
Prime Pack twitch
When you sign up for Amazon Prime, you automatically get a Twitch Prime subscription for free. Plus, they give you free games as a reward, so if you downloaded the Twitch App on your PC, make sure to claim these free games.
The main goal of Twitch subscriptions is to help streamers on their platform make money and to give subscribers a great video streaming experience, such as limited emotes, game badges, and other things we’ll talk about below.
hat are the benefits of becoming a Twitch Prime member?
- There are more benefits to being a member of Twitch Prime than you might think.
- Storage for past broadcasts: Instead of only 14 days with the standard plan, you’ll have 60 days to store past broadcasts on your account.
- About the game’s content: So videos and games that non-members can’t see are only available to members.
- Subscribing to a channel: If you subscribe to a gaming channel, you can get badges, emoticons, and other special perks.
- Chat colours: You can stand out from other people who are watching by using chat colours. In the settings for prime, you can change the colours.
- With a Prime chat badge, anyone on Twitch can tell that you are a member. You can choose your favourite prime badge, just like you can choose your chat colour.
- There are also no ads while streaming, you can stream as much as you want, free game content means you can play games for free, Kappa HD, and more.
How to sign up for Twitch Prime for free
Usually, it costs $4.99 to subscribe to a channel for the next 30 days, but if you have Twitch Prime, you can get a free 30-day subscription to one channel every month.
But you should know that while your 30-day trial is going on, there is no free Twitch subscription. This means that you can’t get a free Twitch Prime subscription if you’re just using your trial to check out extra features.
You won’t get it until you become a paid member and start paying fees every month. Still, you have to start the free subscription by hand.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to Twitch Prime on your computer and click on any Channel you want to subscribe to.
- Open any video on that channel, and now that you pay a monthly fee, you’ll see the Subscribe button at the bottom of the video.
- Now, a list of ways to subscribe will appear. Choose “Subscribe Free.”
- Now that you’ve signed up for a free subscription for the next 30 days, you should remember that it won’t automatically renew; you’ll have to sign up for it again yourself.
- This means you have to go to the user’s channel in your browser and subscribe to it again, just like you did the first time.
- If you want to cancel the free Twitch Prime subscription before the 30 days are up, you have to wait until the 30 days are up.
- How to Stop a Paid Subscription to Twitch Prime
Now, you can cancel your paid Twitch Prime plan and switch to a free Twitch plan if you don’t want to use it.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the Subscriptions page on the Twitch site.
- Click Payment Info on the right side of the screen.
- Now, choose “Don’t Renew.” This will stop your subscription from being automatically renewed when the current period ends.
- You have now changed from a paid Twitch Prime membership to a free one.
- There is one more way to cancel your Twitch Prime membership. Since Twitch Prime is linked to Amazon Prime, you can also do it there.
- Stop paying for Twitch with Amazon Prime
- If you cancel your Amazon Prime membership, your Twitch Prime subscription will also end. Let’s figure out what to do.
- Cancel Amazon Prime on Twitch
- Use a web browser to get to your Amazon account.
- Select my accounts.
- Now, you’ll see options for accounts and lists. Just click on one of those.
- Choose how you want to join Prime.
- Then go to managing members.
- Now, click on the end trial and benefits button.
- Now, a pop-up will appear asking you to confirm what you did before. Click “Continue” to cancel.
- Click End Now to finish.
- Stop being a member of Twitch Prime
- Now, both your Amazon Prime membership and your Twitch Prime membership will be cancelled.
Some questions about Twitch Prime
Here are some questions about twitch prime in general.
Which countries can use Twitch Prime?
Almost every country in the world has access to Twitch Prime, except China, which has blocked the service as of 2018.
Can I use Prime Video to sign up for Twitch Prime?
Yes, you can get Twitch Prime through Prime Video because it’s available in more than 200 countries. However, in countries where Prime is available, you need a Prime Membership.
How many Twitch accounts can be linked to an Amazon Prime membership?
You could like up to four Twitch accounts with Amazon Prime. But there’s still a catch: if you subscribe through a linked Twitch account, you have to wait until all of them renew before you can subscribe again.
No, it’s not a good idea. You shouldn’t use proxies or any other method to change your IP address. Please don’t do that if you don’t want your subscription to be wrong.
So, these are the different ways to stop paying for Twitch Prime. You can do this on the Twitch Prime website or by turning off your Amazon Prime membership.
Comments are closed.