It can be frustrating to navigate the Amazon website using a language you do not understand. Especially when English is not your primary language, as most renowned online shopping websites use English as their default language. Depending on the region in which you reside, this can vary.
There are a number of variants available on the Amazon website that are available in multiple languages, making it accessible to people of different backgrounds. Fortunately, you can change your language settings through the Amazon application or desktop site. This tutorial provides a comprehensive explanation of how to change the language settings on Amazon.
How Many Languages Available On Amazon?
Across the globe, Amazon offers a variety of language options for its multi-national customers. It will depend on your location as to which language options will be available to you regardless of where you reside. The reason for this is that Amazon provides regionally specific websites. Several of these websites provide users with the opportunity to select a regional language setting.
If you live in the United States, Amazon’s website will not allow you to choose American English or Spanish. However, this is not the case for people living in other regions, such as India. It is possible for an Indian to choose Hindi in addition to any other language spoken in the region which is used in that region. The same applies to all regions.
It is important to remember that each Amazon website has its own language set. The first thing you need to do before you make any changes to the language of Amazon is to determine which website you are on.
How to Change Language on Amazon (Desktop Version)
If you wish to change the default language settings on Amazon, you can do so by using the desktop website. Here are the steps to follow:
- To get started, visit the homepage. Click on the Flag icon in the Search Bar (at the top of the page). There is an icon located right next to the Search Bar (on the left). In most cases, the flag icon indicates the default language option for a website.
For instance, the flag icon could appear to be an American flag, indicating that American English can be set as the default language on the website. It is possible, however, that the flag is not visible in certain locations based on the web version. In its place, you will find a globe symbol in the exact location where the flag would normally be displayed. In the top right-hand corner of this globe symbol, you will see a two-letter code indicating the language in which you are browsing.
- Using your mouse, move your cursor over the Globe or Flag icon and click to display a list of languages that are available on the website. Depending on where you are browsing from, you may be able to choose from a variety of languages.
- There is a menu for setting the language to your left, allowing you to select the language in which you would like to browse, shop, and communicate. By clicking on the language you prefer, you will be able to select it. By clicking the yellow button, you can save your language settings.
- Return to the previous language setting by repeating the process and selecting English. It is important to note that if the globe or flag icon is not displayed on the right side of the search bar, this indicates that it is only available in one language. As an example, Amazon Italy is only available in the Italian language.
Changing the region will allow you to select a language that is not listed among the available languages. In the drop-down menu, click on Change the country or region. Dropdown menus should provide a variety of options for selecting countries.
Click on the website of the country or region of your choice. Go to the website by clicking on the link. In a new window, Amazon will display the available languages in the area you have selected.
How to Change Language on Amazon Apps?
There is no difference between the Language changing feature available on the Amazon mobile applications for Android and iOS devices. Here are the steps:
- Navigate to the Options feature by pressing the three-line menu on the Amazon app for your mobile device.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page. Select the country and language of your choice.
- Select your preferred language from the list of available languages by clicking language. After selecting a language, the Amazon application will display in that language.
- By reversing the entire procedure and selecting the language that you desire, you can return to the language you used previously (English).
In this context, it is important for you to understand that the number of languages available to you on your mobile application is determined by the region you are located in.
Important Points About How To Change Language In Amazon
Listed below are some tips for resolving the most common issues Amazon users encounter related to language changes.
(a) What To Do If Your Amazon Changes Into A Foreign Language?
According to the settings of your browser, Amazon may display web pages with content in Spanish and other foreign languages. Depending on the language support provided by your browser, you may see Amazon pages in Spanish or any other language you are able to access.
There is no doubt that Chrome and Firefox are two of the most widely used browsers because they support multiple languages. It may be possible to resolve the issue by going to the settings of your browser and removing Spanish as your preferred language. Check to see if this resolves the issue.
(b) Changing A Previously Set Language Into Another One
The following steps can be taken to change your language preference:
- In the upper-right corner of the search bar, click on the country, or globe icon.
- Move the language settings menu downwards, and select English as your preferred language
- By selecting the blue button, you will be able to save your preferred language
The same steps can be followed to return to any language of your choice.
(c) Change In Amazon Languages
When you click on a link that appears in another language, Amazon automatically changes your preferred language. When you use Google Chrome, it is possible that this will occur without you being aware of it.
Using Chrome, you can remove the auto-detection for other languages in order to resolve this issue.
There are several languages on Amazon’s website, which makes it a global site. With these simple steps that we have explained in this article, you can change the language of Amazon to the language you prefer.
Amazon offers a variety of languages depending on the region in which you live. In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary information to help you easily switch your Amazon Language to any other language of your choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I change the language on Amazon's website or app?
To change the language on Amazon, go to the homepage and scroll down to the bottom of the page. There, you will see a list of languages available for selection. Choose the language you prefer, and the website or app will be translated into that language.
Can I change the language on the Amazon app on my phone or tablet?
Yes, you can change the language on the Amazon app on your phone or tablet. Go to the "Settings" section of the app and scroll down to the "Language and Country" section. Choose the language you prefer, and the app will be translated into that language.
How do I change the language on the Amazon Fire TV?
To change the language on the Amazon Fire TV, go to the "Settings" menu and select "Preferences." Then, choose "Language" and select the language you prefer. The Fire TV will now display content in the selected language.
Can I change the language on the Amazon Prime Video app?
Yes, you can change the language on the Amazon Prime Video app. Go to the "Settings" section of the app and scroll down to the "Language and Subtitles" section. Choose the language you prefer, and the app will display content in that language.
Is it possible to change the language on Amazon for a specific purchase or order?
No, it is not possible to change the language on Amazon for a specific purchase or order. The language you select will apply to the entire website or app. However, you can change the language back to your preferred language after completing the purchase or order.