What Does Live Mean On Find My iPhone iOS 15: A Guide
In the Apple ecosystem, Find My is one of the most important features. With iOS 15, Apple is expanding, improving, and enhancing the Find My network like never before. Along with the addition of a number of new features for iOS 15, Apple has also improved the location-sharing functionality of the Find My application.
First of all, iOS users will be able to check out their friends’ Live Locations for the first time. This could prove to be a game-changer for the platform. In this article, we will examine what does live mean on find my iPhone.
What is Live in Find My Friends?
By using Find My, you will be able to find out where your friends and family are at any given time, provided you have permission to track them. By using Live Location, you are no longer dependent on Apple servers to periodically refresh and re-download your friends’ current locations.
Using Live on iOS 15 you can track your friends’ locations in real time, giving you access to every stop they make, every detour they take, and more. Apple believes that Live Location in Find My Friends makes iPhones a lot more secure, and for the most part, we agree with their opinion.
If you want to see what your friends are doing, simply open the Find My app and click on the ‘People’ tab. For you to be able to track your friends’ whereabouts, you must also share your location.
How is Live Location different from Location Sharing in iOS 14 or older?
Using Live Location in iOS 15 will change the way you view your friends within the Find My app. You used to have to refresh the location of your friends inside Find My periodically before Live Location was introduced in iOS 15. Therefore, it was rather difficult to detect moving objects.
In iOS 15, you can now monitor the movement of your friends and family in real-time thanks to Live Location. According to Apple, the new update to the Find My app will make connecting with other users easier.
How to Enable Live Location on Find My?
The ability to gain insight into other people’s whereabouts is useful, but you should also reveal your own location. In this way, connected individuals can react quickly in the event of a problem. In most cases, you shouldn’t have any difficulty activating this feature.
- Go to “Settings” and select “Privacy.”
- In the “Location Services” section, press the green button next to the “Location Services” box. The location of your account has now been activated.
- Once you have enabled location services, you will be required to activate Find My with your ID. In order to do so, go to your “Settings” and select “Your Name.”
- Click on “Find My.”.
- In the “Find My iPhone” section, locate the “Find My iPhone” button.
- Make the switch green by toggling it.
- In order to use the app, you must grant it access to GPS once it has been activated. Select “Settings,” then “Privacy,” followed by “Location Services.”
- Select “Find My.”
- Locate the menu that determines when location access is allowed on the platform. Select “While Using This App.” You should also consider enabling “Precise Location” in the same menu so that other users are able to track you.
- To access Find My, open the application and click the “Me” button in the lower part of the screen.
- The “Share My Location” button is located near the prompt. In order to ensure that your iPhone is used to share your location, scroll down and select the appropriate option.
- Tap the “+” symbol next to the “People” section when the application is restarted.
- The location sharing option can be found there.
- The “To” window should be used to enter the name or telephone number of the person who will have access to your location. The contact will appear once you have selected it.
- Repeat this process for as many individuals as necessary. Then, in the upper-right section of the display, click “Send” once you have finished adding your family and friends.
- Set the length of time you want your whereabouts to be visible. If you select the preferred option, the app should immediately begin sharing your location. Whenever you share your location with someone, their name will appear in the “People” window. Additionally, it should be noted that the individual has access to your location.
How to Track Down Missing Devices in Find My
Find My app has the advantage of being extremely versatile, which is one of its most impressive features. Furthermore, it can also detect missing Apple devices, including AirPods, Apple Watches, MacBooks, iPads, and iPhones, using the “Live” feature. It is not necessary to have advanced technical knowledge in order to enable this function:
- Start Find My.
- In the “Devices” section, you can view the devices that are part of your Apply Family or Apple ID.
- Click on the entry that corresponds to the missing gadget. By doing so, you should be able to locate the device. A number of features are now available to assist in the retrieval process, such as making the gadget play music or sending it messages. Additionally, you may delete all information or lock it in order to prevent unauthorized access to the information.
How to Turn Off Live on Find My
It is important to note that the “Live” feature is integral to the new iOS ecosystem, and there is no way for you to activate your location sharing without enabling live location. By sharing your location, the “Live” feature is automatically activated. It is necessary to terminate location sharing if you wish to turn it off. The following steps can be taken to accomplish this:
- Launch the Find My application.
- Click on the “People” tab.
- Select the individual from whom you would like to hide your location.
- The next screen will allow you to stop sharing your location.
- Next, you will be prompted to confirm your decision. Open the “Me” window if you wish to prevent everyone from seeing your location. Ensure that the location is grayed out by toggling it.
How to Deactivate Friend Requests for Live on Find My
If you wish to limit the number of people who can track your location while maintaining your privacy, disabling requests for sharing is the perfect solution. Using this method, you will avoid a situation in which people ask about your whereabouts, and it only requires a few taps on your mobile device:
- Open the Find My application.
- On your display, navigate to the “Me” section.
- Select “Allow Friend Requests”.
- To deactivate requests, click the adjacent button. It will no longer be possible for other people to send you requests for your live location.
The additions to iOS by Apple can sometimes be confusing. The utility of “Live” in Find My cannot be questioned, even if you are unsure whether you will need some of the new features.
For safety reasons, it allows you to track your friends and family members who are connected to you. If you are concerned about your child’s safety, you can receive real-time updates on their whereabouts.