What to do when Instagram music not working
Instagram Music was introduced back in June last year, allowing users to add their favorite background music to a particular Insta Story to give an entirely different vibe to the audience.
But even today, the exciting Instagram Music feature isn’t available or working for all. You may encounter a problem with Instagram music. Don’t worry; you won’t miss this great Instagram feature because we share a few quick hacks to fix Instagram Music.
Let’s learn to add music to Instagram Story.
- Open the Instagram app and tap on your profile picture in the top-left corner of your screen.
- Now, enter the media (photo/video) from your gallery that you want to share in your Instagram story.
- Tap the music stickers option at the top of the screen and tap the Music sticker to add a song of your choice.
- When you choose the music, post the story with your favorite background music effect and enjoy!
How to fix if Instagram Music not working
First, you have to verify you have a recent version of Instagram because the app often fails to update automatically, and we have an older version installed on our phones. In such cases, some functions may not work.
When Instagram Music does not work, probably, the app is not functioning properly. It would be better if you try to log out of the Instagram app in such cases and log in with your Instagram credentials to check if the problem has been resolved.
If re-logging Instagram does not resolve the issue, you must try uninstalling and reinstalling solutions.
To run smooth Instagram features, you have a good Internet connection. If the data or wi-fi connection is slow, you may encounter the issue of Instagram Music not working.
How to reinstall Instagram
- Open a Google Play or Apple App Store on your phone.
- Type Instagram in the search bar.
- Click the Install button.
- Open the newly installed app on your device, enter your login information, and check if the music feature works.
Delete the Instagram App Cache
Too much cache data in mobile can cause various issues, including Instagram music not working, so you should clear cache data regularly.
How to clear cache data
On Android: launch the Settings app, navigate to Apps -> Instagram, and then tap Clear Cache.
On iPhone: Open the Instagram app and tap the Profile icon, then Settings -> Clear Search History.
The steps noted above are some of the most helpful and tried-and-true ways for resolving your Instagram music not working issue.